Subject: Re: Flyer Edit Model
From: [email-masked] (Thierry Humeau)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 18:09:04 -0700

You wrote: 

>So congratulation to Newtek on their achievments so far, but lets 
>keep on asking for the same level of software sophistication in the Flyer 
>that we have asked for (and been delivered) with Lightwave. I would hate 
>for the Flyer to crash because the tools aren't robust enough.  
>

I am also a little concern about the software performance of Newtek with the
Flyer.  I am sure the hardware will be good, but even if the annonced price is
under $5,000, people have to know that they will have to spend at three time 
this amount in order to get a comfortable storage and a serious backup system.

I expect to had around $10,000 to $15,000 worth of hardware to my existing
Toaster A2000 and I'll do this to have a system that can compete with high end
non-linear edit systems.  I don't expect the Flyer software to quite match the
Avid's one but Newtek has absolutely to come up with something that offer:

- All the standard editing features including split audio editing
- A workable interface for audio editing (audio scrub, waveform etiting,...)
- time code support
- Good integration of CG pages
- EDL output and printout
- Batch digitizing to save money on the storage devices
- Also, motion effects like slomo will ad a tremendous value to the system capacity.

Thierry.
-- 
.............................................................
Thierry Humeau 				tel: 301-933-3008              
Cameraman/Producer			fax: 301-933-2868
CANAL+ TV correspondant			[email-masked]  
.............................................................